- Whole Chicken
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Cut up potatoes, and place in a bowl to mix. Add olive oil, black pepper, and salt and toss to combine. Place onto a 1/4 sheet tray.
- Cut out spine of chicken with shears, and break collar bone by pressing down on chicken breasts, flattening out the bird as shown above.
- Slide fingers underneath the skin of the bird to separate it from the flesh. This will help crispen the skin.
- Season generously on top and bottom with salt, pepper, lemon, and thyme.
- Plate atop potatoes and roast in oven at 400 degrees for 40 min to 1 hour until chicken is fully cooked. Remember thigh meat cooks slower than breast, and the back of the oven is warmer, so rotate your chicken as you see fit during the cooking process.
- Let rest, carve, and enjoy!